National Home Health Medical Monitoring Company
FDA Approved Remote Monitoring Solution
Deploying a large-scale patient remote monitoring solution takes a lot of planning. So much planning in fact that by the time all of the Federal approvals came back on the project, the proposed hardware was going EOL by the Manufacturer and Wireless Carrier. This meant scrambling to try and re-write software for a new device, gain new approvals, and all in a timeframe before that next device goes EOL.
Hello Ascension Mobile. By leveraging a unique and extensive supply chain network, Ascension was able to provide over 10,000 of the already approved device over a 2 year period. Ascension kept these devices in the field, operational by continually managing the deployed hardware. Ascension procured, distributed, and repaired the devices over this 2 year period to allow time to plan for the successor hardware solution.
By extending the life of deployed hardware in the field, this national home health care company was able to focus development efforts on more important features and improvements to their software, instead of scrambling to upgrade devices every year.
Ascension Services Utilized:
- Device Procurement - Locate and procure sufficient quantities of the required device, and store these devices until needed in the field.
- Device Prep - Flash all devices to the approved firmware, configure all required settings and pre-load all necessary software
- Individual Device Shipping - Kit and ship individual devices to end user locations – including international chargers, required literature, and required accessories
- Bulk Device Shipping - Ship bulk hardware to a central deployment location in bulk
- Ongoing Device Management - Repair and recycle damaged devices back into inventory in order to keep the supply operational for the full time period